Intro to IECeX standard for Hazardous Area Classification
IECeX is an International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) system for certification to standards relating to equipment for use in explosive atmospheres. IECeX provides a means for manufacturers, regulators and users of equipment used in hazardous areas to address the risk of fires or explosions from flammable gases or dusts. Testing and certification of equipment, services and competence of persons to international standards facilitates the sale of safer products internationally at a lower cost. IECeX based hazardous area classification will be… —Omazaki Engineering is a consultant who provides consulting services for study, planning, design, and classify hazardous classified area based on IECeX standard. We provide consulting services for studies, planning, design and classification of hazardous classified areas or zones. Contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or by filling out the contact form.
This article is second part (Part 2) of a series of articles:
- Part 1 – Hazardous Area Classification (HAC)
- Part 2 – IECeX Hazardous Area Classification
- Part 3 – ATEX Hazardous Area Classification
- Part 4 – North America Hazardous Location Classification
- Part 5 – Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Area
IECeX System Objective
Main objective of the IECex System is to facilitate international trade in equipment and services using in explosive atmospheres, while maintaining the required level of safety. The others are:
- Reduced testing and certification costs to manufacturer
- Reduced time to market
- International confidence assessment process of products, equipment, facilities and personnel
- Maintaining international confidence in equipment, services and personnel covered by IECeX certification
Contact Omazaki Engineering if you look for electrical hazardous area classifications (HAC) standard service consultants in study, designing and classifying hazardous classified area based on IECeX standard for your industrial facility and and systems in Indonesia.